Saturday, January 29, 2011

knitting lust

I have just come across Tiny Owl Knits (links to ravelry page) and I am COMPLETELY in love, yes, caps are necessary! Below are a few of my favourite patterns, oh how I want them all:

deer hat with little antlers!

 this is not just a cute gnome house, it's a...
 needle holder! how insanely cute is that?
 and this cute bow is wonderful
this is probably my favourite though, a fawn poncho! I love ponchos, I love fawns, perfect!

All of these patterns are available to download through Ravelry. If you're a knitter and you don't know about it, please go there now and sign up, it's knitters heaven. There are so many free patterns and a place to document all of the needles you own and what's in your stash, and then you can search for patterns based on what yarn you own! Amazing.

Anyway, back to Tiny Owl Knits. I am totally in love with these patterns and will be buying them as soon as I can. The only thing I am struggling with at the moment is that since I am now vegan, I am trying to knit vegan as well, this means no animal fibers. So, felting is out of the question, as far as I know. I do have wool in my yarn stash already. I am just hoping it's the right kind of wool to be able to make these gnome house needle holders. I don't want to be wasteful :).

The designer of these gorgeous patterns has two awesome blogs for you to check out as well. Tiny Owl Knits blog and Owl in the Dark.

For now I am knitting this bow headband:

 Because I have found out that bows look cute in my pink hair. 

You can download the pattern for this headband free here.

Ah, knitting joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment