Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Salted Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

I have just found out about this insanely amazing sounding beverage! This needs to be made...soon. Damn, all of these things I get obsessed with making require kitchen tools I don't have! This one calls for an immersion blender. I will be calling my friend tomorrow to request a date with his :)



Salted Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate 
(recipe and image from One Ordinary Day, slightly adapted from Dinner with Julie)

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup water
3 cups milk (I shall be using soy, of course)
3-4 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips or 3 oz. finely chopped chocolate

In a saucepan, add the sugar and cocoa and whisk in the water until smooth, then whisk in the milk over medium-high heat. Heat until steaming. Remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Let sit for a few seconds, then blend with a hand-held immersion blender or whisk until frothy.  Finish with a touch of sea salt and some toasted marshmallows.  (Don’t skip this part, because you’ll really be missing out!)


*I won a vegan marshmallow making kit in the Christchurch Vegetarian Society's raffle, this will be a perfect use for that kit! I'm excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment